Personal Portfolio of
Trevor is a Contract Marketing / Communications Specialist, award winning Writer (copy & script) and Project Manager having worked across a broad spectrum of industries including: retail, IT, teleco, travel, corporate recruitment, entertainment, financial, legal, healthcare, FMCG and NFP. In addition to managing his own clients, Trevor works on a freelance / contract basis for communications and marketing divisions of large corporates, government departments, advertising agencies, design studios and production companies.
Copyright 2011 - Trevor Thompson. All rights reserved. Terms
As a Marketing / Communications Strategist & award-winning Writer / Project Director, I frequently contract (short & long term) for government departments, large corporates, advertising agencies, design studios & production companies.
My experience spans a broad spectrum of industries / categories & across all mediums including; television, radio, print, multimedia, digital, social, corporate / product / training videos, and executive presentations / speeches.
I have contracted for an impressive list of clients ranging from small business to the Top-50 Australian corporates including; Telstra, Commonwealth Bank, Coca-Cola South Pacific, Hyundai…just to name a few!
Whilst Creative Director of Sydney’s top rating radio station at the time, 2UE, I also wrote for some of Australia’s most famous (and demanding) personalities including John Laws, Alan Jones and Don Burke.
More stuff you should know
Trevor is often called upon to ‘ghost write’ for agencies and marketing divisions on major new business pitches and in overload situations.
He regularly lectures at advertising colleges and has judged the prestigious International Broadcasting Awards for the Hollywood Radio & Television Society.
His extensive portfolio includes above-the-line (corporate, brand, retail), and below-the-line including direct marketing, online, interactive, B2B, corporate presentations, corporate & training videos, speeches, and television.
Below is a small selection of projects which showcase the diversity of Trevor’s work across the print, web and audio / visual mediums. These samples are only the very tip of a very large ice-berg, so please don't hesitate to ask for specific examples related to your industry. Click on the thumbnails below...
Convert complex problems into simple, effective and insightful communications strategies and programs. Through-the-line integrated campaign specialist, well versed in both above and below-the-line executions (internal and external comms).
Words carefully crafted for print, web, radio and television…including; above-the-line (corporate, brand, retail), below-the-line such as direct marketing, online, interactive, B2B, business presentations, corporate & training videos, and speeches.
Award-winning graphic design for your business; from logos and stationery, brochures, flyers and annual reports through to interactive websites and strategic advertising and marketing ideas.
From simple landing pages and microsites through to full-blown corporate websites.
Award winning stills photographers and video directors.
Full production and management of your printed collateral, web construction, radio and television commercials through to corporate and training videos.
ANNA PRICE, DIRECTOR,
PAUL JONES, MANAGING DIRECTOR
PETER RHYS-JONES, DIRECTOR OF BROADCASTING
PACIFIC KNOWLEDGE NETWORKS
LOUISE KANIS, GENERAL MANAGER
AON PACIFIC CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
GABRIELLE MARTINOVICH, BRAND MARKETING MANAGER
ALAN JONES, BROADCASTER
MICHAEL RETTER, GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
PAULA CARO, DIRECTOR
THE MPC AGENCY
JOHN LAWS, BROADCASTER
SUE HESELTINE, GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR BOZELL RYDGE
HEW BLAIR, DIRECTOR CLIENT SERVICES
RON JENKINS, VICE PRESIDENT & GENERAL MANAGER
BUSINESS INNOVATION SERVICES, IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
T: +61-2-8006 1161
F: +61-2-9012 0348
Postal Address: PO Box 759, Gladesville, NSW 1675 (Sydney, Australia)
Street Address: Suite 803, Level 8, 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo NSW
1. Purchase Order and Job Number supplied prior to commencement of each project.
2. Projects are undertaken on either an agreed hourly rate or fixed fee basis.
3. Agreed fee is inclusive of initial briefing (up to 3 hours duration) and all rewrites to final draft (based upon original brief). Subsequent travel/meetings charged at an agreed hourly rate.
4. 50% commencement fee payable within 7 days or before delivery of first draft, whichever comes first.
5. Final 50% invoiced on first draft, or progress payments (to be agreed upon depending on size and scope of project). All subsequent rewrites to create client approved final draft are included at no additional cost in agreed fee (based upon original brief).
6. After 2 weeks of ‘inactivity’ or ‘lack of feedback’ from the client work-to-date is invoiced.
7. Invoices are strictly 14 days (with exception of commencement fee – see point 4).
8. All variations on signed and accepted quotes from third party suppliers must be itemised, priced and written approval gained from an authorised representative of DreamWeaver Communications before work on variations can commence.
9. Client accepts full responsibility for all detail contained in the copy and all claims made within the copy. Client indemnifies DreamWeaver Communications Pty Ltd and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and sub-contractors from and against all losses, claims, damages and liabilities which arise out of any use of the copy.
10. DreamWeaver Communications reserves the right to refer to your project in future promotions of any sort. All briefing materials supplied by client will be returned on request within 30 days of completion of project. All notes, recordings and research documents created by the directors, employees or sub-contractors of DreamWeaver Communications Pty Ltd are confidential and remain the property of DreamWeaver Communications Pty Ltd.